Site power supply has always been an issue for base station deployment project. For rural and urban scenarios, there both exist different difficulties:
For Rural Areas
● Far away from grid facility, hard to get power resource
● Highly relying on Diesel Generator, resulting in several problems
- High expense on fossil fuel;
- Air pollution;
- Security issues: stealing fuel happened in remote areas
● High labor cost: it is expensive for an engineer getting to the sites.
For Urban Areas
● City electricity supply is not stable in most of developing countries.
- For example, in Pakistan, enterprises suffered from power failure 75 times in one month.
● Limited space for power supply equipment
● Security concerns: requirement on video surveillance, remote management system
EpoleBox with lamp pole eNB
● MPPT technology makes solar energy utilization efficiency up to 99.8%;
● Solar energy-electricity automatically switchover;
● Lithium energy storage, 5 years life;
● 12 V power supply reduce conversion loss directly;
● IP66 waterproof design;
● Operation temperature: －30℃ to +55℃.